• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current State of Minesquads and Major Suggestion
Big Grin 
Hello fellow Minesquad players, it's James91993 and I want to discuss the state of our beloved factions server. Minesquad is a perfect server in my opinion however, no new player are staying nor showing up frequently. If you are reading this right now think about how you were introduced to Choicecraft or Minesquad. I joined because of Ronneygoboom and saw how he could build a big beautiful base on a server with no TNT and no stupid pay to win tactics. I knew I wanted to stay on the server because I thought it was right for me and had a very unique system but, I later quit because I could not go with just a108 and succeed very much. I joined a year later and had an awesome experience with the community until sadly I was banned. I met players that would actually help me and I could do a small part in helping them. This is what really made me choose this server. Choosing a server is a big decision for one player because they might only play on that server. I once ran my own factions server with a108 helping me along side. My way of promoting this server included server listing sites 
        If I asked you what the best way to gain players is you might think Plant Minecraft or other server listing sites. These sites are a very reliable way of gaining a player base but, they are not enough. There are over a million factions servers set up and the player will choose the one with 500/2500 players and a crazy flashing banner. The players join our server and think,"no /kit fro free diamonds, no /home, begging to join a fac won't work, I'm outta here!" The only way to get players is to be very, very unique. If you see a public pool next to a waterpark, you will most likely choose the waterpark. What if the public pool has a bunch of fun events hat go on and an amazing community, you will have a harder choice. The server may be unique but simply calling it hardcore might drive people away. We need a new approach to advertising and let people know we are unique when they join. 
        How can we do this? If you don't know what a learning curve is, when trying something new it should start out basic, escalate, then put you into the real game. I believe we should have a mandatory tutorial when joining for the first time. I have attached a video of what it should look like. A five-year-old must understand how to play using this tutorial. In the vid I made, I used signs which should be replaced by floating text. I also included four aspects of Ms but, there should be a bit more such as, vote chests, koth, horse glitch, chorus, safe base vs. crappy base, Mcmmo, runes, and other thing you think a brand new player would need to know. 
        Last but not least if you made it this far, we need to get a kit system. Hold up! not /kit for items but rather a class/race system. After the player finishes the tutorial they could choose one of the kits and never be able to change. This would show the player,"  ok now I understand how to play, and I can choose a play style that matches me, I'm in. I recommend three kits, an up front battle style kit, a ranged/stealth kit and a resource gatherer kit. Like, soldier, scout, or elf/dwarf. The soldier should gain unarmed, axes, and swords faster, have a very small strength boost and an ability that greatly increases armour and attack for a very short period of time(about five seconds). The scout class should always have a speed I effect and gain archery, acrobatics, and taming faster. He should have the ability to either be able to teleport away every now and then like and enderman, or he could disguise as a mob until the player moves, places something, or gets hit. Finally the elf/dwarf kit for the players less into PVP. This kit should have a constant haste I effect and excel fast at mining, herbalism, woodcutting, and archery and have an ability to place a temporary health block that fellow faction member and he can stand by to gain health. This ability lasts for 30 seconds if untouched by an enemy player, and a long cooldown. These are just my suggestions which don't have to be implemented at all. The only problem is how to activate the abilities. Thank you so very much for reading this to the end if you did. Happy raiding.

~James

I like your suggestions James.

I agree about spawning in the tutorial section.

But, as of kits, and the 3 types youre talking about is like the 'TresureWars' Sever. That server boosted and became very popular because of the unique aspect, us using the same aspect will take us no where, what will take us somewhere is an aspect that has never been used before, because frankly, if people had to choose between this aspect in this or TresureWars server, they would choose that one because theyre more experience with those plugins and how to operate on them.

For kits I say they should be obtainable both ingame and by donating. Maybe cool ways to get kits are by buying them with money, obtaining them by crates, or better ones can be received with donation ranks. Maybe the idea of choosing one of multiple displayed kits when joining can be added too.

Just my say on this idea.
Only Unicorn Factioneer yet
MineSquads Factions Famlit [Monitor]
Play.MineSquads.com
(12-22-2016, 07:41 AM)KVMS Wrote: I like your suggestions James.

I agree about spawning in the tutorial section.

But, as of kits, and the 3 types youre talking about is like the 'TresureWars' Sever. That server boosted and became very popular because of the unique aspect, us using the same aspect will take us no where, what will take us somewhere is an aspect that has never been used before, because frankly, if people had to choose between this aspect in this or TresureWars server, they would choose that one because theyre more experience with those plugins and how to operate on  them.

For kits I say they should be obtainable both ingame and by donating. Maybe cool ways to get kits are by buying them with money, obtaining them by crates, or better ones can be received with donation ranks. Maybe the idea of choosing one of multiple displayed kits when joining can be added too.

Just my say on this idea.

Now that I think about it, it is very similar to treasure wars. Maybe drop the whole class idea and have more of a widespread kit idea with less perk but more kits.
Looks cool !

Might be nice to have it implemented ingame!

-Andrew
Quote:"A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in." -Frederick The Great

Andrew (A108)